Do you have a display issue with your device and want to fix it from the comfort of your home? We've compiled a list of useful manipulations that can help you solve the problem quickly.
Here are some helpful steps:
1. Adjust the brightness and color of your screen:
- You can access Control Center by swiping up from the bottom of your screen (for iPhone 8 or earlier) or swiping down from the top right corner of your screen (for iPhone X or later or iPad with iOS 12 or iPadOS). You can also adjust the brightness and color temperature in Settings.
- Go to Settings > Brightness and adjust the slider to your preferred level.
2. Reset auto-brightness settings:
- To turn on/off auto-brightness on iOS devices, go to Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size. To reset its settings, turn off auto-brightness and then turn it back on.
3. Force your device to restart:
- You can force restart your device by following the steps provided in the article.
- Press and hold the Power key and Volume down key for 7-10 seconds.
4. Reset all settings:
- you can reset all settings by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset All Settings. This won't cause any data loss.
Keep in mind that you should never leave your device in a hot car, keep it in direct sunlight for too long, or use features like GPS, navigation, augmented reality apps, or games in particularly hot conditions or direct sunlight for extended periods. Your device may heat up when using certain features and apps, such as augmented reality apps and games with intense graphics, or when charging wirelessly.
If your device heats up when using certain apps, don't worry, this is normal. It may also heat up when setting it up for the first time or restoring it after a backup, using it while charging, using your hotspot, or streaming videos, especially in high quality.