If you're unable to change the language on your device and need a quick fix, we've compiled a list of steps to help you out.
1: Change your device's language
- Go to > General > Language & Region.
- Click on "Language".
- Select your preferred language from the list.
- A prompt will appear, confirm the change by selecting the first option.
- Go to Settings > System > Languages & input > Languages.
- If you don't see "System," go to Personal > Languages & input > Languages.
- Click on "Add a language" and select your preferred language.Settings
- Make sure to drag the language to the top of the list to set it as the preferred language.
2: Restore your device to factory settings
- Connect your device to a computer with Finder (macOS Catalina or later) or iTunes (macOS Mojave or earlier or PC).
- Select your device when it appears on the computer.
- Click on "Restore [device]" and make sure to sign out of Find My if needed.
- Select "Restore" to confirm and wait for your device to be erased and updated to the latest software.
- Back up your data before proceeding.
- Go to Settings > Google > Backup or Settings > Backup.
- If you don't see either option, contact the manufacturer for help.
- Go back to Settings and click on "Factory Data Reset".
- Enter your security credentials if prompted.
- Click "Delete all" and follow the instructions to reset your device.